Thursday, August 12, 2004

A River in Egypt

The magic thing about being in the bfm orbit is that it can provide you with the opportunity to talk with some very interesting characters.

Not many would enjoy the prospect of, for example, getting up at 6am to interview Michael Cullen about Foreshore and Seabed legal intricacies but, for me, I'm ecstatic that there is such access. These people are in no way obliged to give up their time and I feel very lucky that listeners are good enough to, well, bother. We never pay the subjects, nor, for that matter, do bfm pay me - probably for very good reasons.

Today, to get to the point, was certainly one of the feeling-lucky days.
Intrigued by all of the arguments over the proposed visit by disgraced historian David Irving, I thought it was worth a try to see if he'd come on the show.

The result of which is available here - or here

I hope you find it interesting. It quite knocked the stuffing out of me.
I'm interested to hear what people think - how does he maintain this veneer of being reasonable when he so patently is not? Or what do you reckon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home